CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sea Food

I would like to know if any of you have seen the newest commercial for "Joe's Crabshack?"  Don't know the one?  It starts with a close up of a tin-bucket full of steaming oceanic fare as it bursts through swinging kitchen doors headed for a table full of anxious diners.  

If you are filling your mind with the mental imagery some of the classic "Red Lobster" commercials may have provided you, stop now.  This was nothing like the "Red Lobster" trademark tactical close-up of a skewered line of succulent shrimp sizzling on a grill as a swift butter brush descends liberally upon the crustaceans, splashing buttery-bursting delight that dons the return of another too-little-too-late "all you can eat"er.  This was a bucket of "Joe's." 

To be fair, I guess I should disclose that I am not a big shellfish fan.  Point of fact, I'm allergic to the junk-if consumed, it would kill me.  That being said, how could anyone be a shellfish fan after viewing this commercial?  Let's continue the breakdown.  
These "summer buckets" though generous in portion size, contain no clear images of what exactly is contained in the bucket.  There are various colors, shapes and textures overflowing the bucket that seem to never hold still long enough for you to identify any specific item.  And what about the black cross-dresser that is seated at the table of diversity?  
Perhaps this commercial is a perfect explanation for why the last load of what used to be our neighborhood "crab shack" just got hauled off in a dumpster (it closed and then the building was demolished).  Bon appetit!

5 comments:

kw said...

I think seafood stinks!

Kurt said...

I have never seen the afore-mentioned commercial, but I laughed like a satisfied pig when I read your description of it. My two cents: you know your restaurant is a winner when your marketing slogans play off of getting some kind of STD. P.s. next time, lets make it more than a bar stool world-in-a-minute. We shall be in touch.

Worktron said...

You should launch a seafood restaurant brock! You'll die opening night, but at least I know that whenever your restaurant's commercial comes on I'll enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my post! I'm adding you to my link list if that's okay :D

three pinkies said...

The best thing Joe's had was a hamburger. I also wonder why they would dress up a 50ish woman to look like an 80ish one- she's the one next to the cross dresser.